Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tour Diary

Friday 2. 11 Helsinki, On The Rocks

The Rocks was quite full, Friday nite after all. Suits us. We played alone again. This was another night Rowan had booked for us with the cancelled Xandria. We made the set a bit longer again since we now had the time. Meelis wanted to mix with the house mixer, but Henkka wanted to test the small one we take with us to Germany, just to know the gear. We opened with Pain, and then Mermaid. People were with us, felt good to play. My voice felt almost ok for the first time in a week, and the guys were rocking. Klasu is starting to be a true battery on stage, he brings on energy. Also starts to feel like I can lean on him on choruses, when he sings the background vocals. Reliving. We´ve played with so many bassists; maybe this is going to work now.
The Rocks was a special gig because there was actually a few of my lovely female friends in the audience! * Hugging you girls * It is lovely to see you even on gigs, everyone is so busy nowadays… = (
The show was good, two people were carried out before we even started, and after the gig three more; all vomiting. Yes!
One thing I have to say. I just wonder about some men, who come in front of me and drink my water as I sing, just to show me they're bigger. You know, it´really is a mans act. Hard like stealing candy from a baby .

But thank you Helsinki, we had fun anyway!

Home at 3 am. Sleep.
setlist:
PAIN
MERMAID
CALL
CRIPPLE HEART
VALENTINE
DIAMOND
DIGGING THE GRAVE (FAITH NO MORE )
FALLING TO PIECES
NOTHING AS WHOLE AS A BROKEN HEART
SILENCE
----------
EVERYDAY HURTS (SKUNK ANANSIE)

No comments: